Friday 26 April 2013

Thug Life

I went through with it! On Wednesday our lovely hairdresser came round and shaved my hair off (grade 2 all over for those of you who understand the grading system). Sure I may have cried before, during and after but at least it's over with. In my opinion I look less like Natalie Portman and more like Humpty Dumpty but that's why I've got a wig! Luckily we didn't uncover any weird lumps or moles on my head although I have discovered I have got the definition of 'pea head'.

Yesterday I braved my thuggish new look (without the wig) at the park in the sunshine. As I'm in London at the moment and Londoners are a very broad looking bunch I decided no-one would blink an eye. I don't know if it was paranoia or what, but I did feel like every other person was staring at me trying to decide whether I was actually ill or just trying to make a very bold fashion statement. I'm not sure which I'd prefer...

I am thinking about uploading a picture but not sure whether I've got the balls so maybe at a later date I'll pluck up the courage. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know you, but oh my god, this is so inspiring. I think I've checked this blog most days to see if there are new posts. It makes me think twice before I complain about a mere headache. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete