Thursday 4 April 2013

Day one of fun

So.. yesterday was my first day of Chemotherapy. The chemo I'm being given is ABVD which consists of doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine and dacarbazine. I remember when the doctor told me about the chemo drugs a lot of what he was telling me sparked memories from a project I did in second year at university on anti-cancer drugs.

Anyway, yesterday went pretty smoothly, even if it did take about 6 hours! All of the drugs went in fine apart from the dacarbazine which was really achey when entering my veins. I felt a bit tired and very slightly nauseas but no where near as bad as I had been expecting. Today I feel pretty normal too! This may be due to the long cocktail of drugs I have been prescribed in order to counteract the side effects of the chemo. I feel like an old person, my grandparents always use to have lots of pills at breakfast and I always found it quite funny.

I suspect I may start feeling worse before I feel better as I think the doctor said it is the middle period between treatments which I could feel unwell. But in the meantime.. I might as well get on with my life! Going to go out for lunch today and then try and do some of my dissertation - hooray!


No comments:

Post a Comment