Wednesday 17 April 2013

Bloody Hell

I've always been scared of blood and needles. When I was a little girl I used to get panic attacks from something as minute as a paper cut. And I've never quite grown out of it.

So if I've learnt one thing it's that you should by all means avoid getting a haematological disease if you've got a fear of blood or needles.

Chemo was supposed to be today but unfortunately my white blood cell count was too low to go ahead with it and I have now got a temperature and headache to go with my disappointment. So here I am, back in hospital, being kept in overnight to be pumped full of antibiotics. Needle count today is currently on 3. One canular in hand, one blood test and one injection. With another injection expected later - woohoo! 

Me and mum have just had jacket potatoes and are now settling down to watch 'What to expect when you're expecting'. So hopefully that will pass the time and before I know it I'll be discharged, well until chemo on Friday anyway!

Sorry for the slightly 'glass half empty' tone to this post, it has been a frustrating day but fingers crossed I'll be back to my optimistic self as soon as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment