Sunday 14 April 2013

Hodgkins

I thought I should probably just post a blog actually explaining Hodgkin's disease and explaining where I am. This is mainly for my friends and family to stop them from worrying but hopefully it's interesting for others too!

So I know it is very google-able but Hodgkins lymphoma is basically cancer of the lymph nodes. There is another type of lymph node cancer called non-Hodgkins lymphoma. They consist of different cell types and have different patterns of spreading. When I was first referred to the hospital I (perhaps stupidly) googled my symptoms which essentially was just a painless lump behind my left collarbone. Hodgkins lymphoma was highlighted to me at this point as it is common in individuals in their 20s and over 50. For me it was symptomless but for many people there can be symptoms including night sweats and fatigue. Interestingly there has been found to be a loose link between Glandular fever and Hodgkins lymphoma, and I actually had a bad case of Glandular fever at the age of 17 whilst studying for my AS levels.

There are different stages of the disease: 1, 2 ,3 and 4, and there are letters: A and B. A is assigned to symptomless patients and B is assigned to those with symptoms. I was told originally that I was probably stage 1A or 2A which would have meant the disease was localised to my left shoulder and involved 12 weeks of chemotherapy, but following my PET/CT scan it became apparent that it was stage 3A and therefore 24 weeks of chemo (darn it). But the results from the bone marrow extract showed it hasn't spread to my bone marrow which was great news!

Hodgkins lymphoma is extremely treatable and has generally got great outcomes. In the words of the nurse in Birmingham 'if you've gotta have cancer, this is the one to have'

When I first found out I was having 24 weeks of chemo I'd tell people "It's okay because I'm just pressing pause on my life and I'll press play again in 6 months time". But now I have a different outlook all together and would like to live by the following saying:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
(another of mum's plaques - sorry!)

4 comments:

  1. You are so brave! Wishing you all the best in your treatment, Matilda (joyce's home pal ) x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I've just stumbled upon your blog and I have never read something so inspirational in my life. There are so many things you've said that have been so poignant to me. I spent a while in hospital (broke my pelvis - nothing like this) and many of the mottos you've used or points you've made really ring true. I decided to comment on this post as my mum actually bought me a wall sticker of the exact quote about dancing in the rain which has been firmly placed on my wall ever since. You're absolutely amazing and your positivity is contagious. Wishing you all the best XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lung cancer often goes unnoticed in its early stages. As the disease develops, a persistent cough  develop and chronic cough worsen. include chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, bloody fluid coughed up from the respiratory tract, and frequent bouts of bronchitis or pneumonia. Sometimes the first was bone pain, headaches, dizziness,I was so piss off and tired of my life until i read about Dr Itua herbal medicine on blogspot i really thought it was scam when i first contacted him so little time i think about it and bought the herbal medicine which i took for three weeks and i was totally cured his treatment is so unique,I never thought i will be able to be free from Lung Cancer.But not only this Lung Cancer This great man can cure,Dr Itua also told me he can cure such diseases like... COLORECTAL CANCER,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer, BLADDER CANCER, PROSTATE CANCER, KIDNEY CANCER, LUNG CANCER, Lupus,SKIN CANCER,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Dementia. UTERINE CANCER,Pancreative Cancer, LEUKEMIA,HIV/AIDS,OVARIAN CANCER,BLOOD CANCER,Vulvar cancer,MEN/WOMAN INFERTILITY,BURKITT LYMPHOMA - NON-HODGKIN.BRONNCHIAL TUMORS, BRAIN TUMORS,BILE DUCT CANCER,BONE CANCER,VAGINAL CANCER,Cervical Cancer,HERPES VIRUS,LOVE SPELL,HEPATITIS,HE'S A GREAT HERBAL DOCTOR.HERE HIS CONTACT EMAIL::: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/. WHATSAPP:::+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called Dr Imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in  2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how  i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i received through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email                      drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or  / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have
     herbal cure for, FEVER, BODY PAIN, DIARRHOEA, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER,  BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL CANCER, DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE,  PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, BULIMIA DISEASE,   INFLAMMATORY JOINT DISEASE CYSTIC FIBROSIS,  SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL  SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B.  DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC RESPIRATORY DISEASE,  CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE,  NEOPLASMS, MENTAL AND BEHAVIOURAL DISORDER, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, TUBERCULOSIS LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete