Tuesday 2 April 2013

Choppy chop

So of course one of the well known side effects of chemotherapy is hair loss. My chemo starts on Wednesday and hair is expected to start falling out in 3 or 4 weeks. The nurse told me it was a good idea to have my hair cut fairly short before starting chemo so that it's less of a shock when it falls out. I have taken this opportunity to try a new hair cut! Because if I hate it a) I've got a wig as backup and b) it'll fall out in a few weeks anyway!! So who cares if it looks crap!

Post hair cut I am pretty pleased - apparently my hair now looks better than it did before (not sure whether this is an insult or not). However now feeling a bit bummed out that it's going to fall out in a few weeks (damn!).

Pictures to follow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment