Thursday 4 April 2013

Gift Galore

I must say you realise how many wonderful friends and members of family you have when going through a hard time. I already knew they were pretty fantastic because 2012 was almost as testing as 2013 is turning out to be, with my mum being treated for breast cancer and one of my best friends passing away so suddenly. They are the kind of things that bring you closer to everyone around you.

There is a saying I really like which is on a plaque that my mum was given during her treatment which says:

"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"

For me this is so true. If someone was to tell me 2 years ago everything which would be thrown at me I would tell them to get the doctor on the phone for some anti-depressants. But now I feel remarkably optimistic. (lets see how long that lasts!)

Anyway another of the bonuses is all the wonderful things I've been sent. Numerous cards filled with kind words which competed with the cards my mum received for her 50th birthday last week. Beautiful flowers. And incredible gifts and hampers. 









Oh and lets not forget.... I'm getting a puppy!! We've never had pets before (apart from a couple of rather unfriendly guinea pigs). The puppy is a cockapoo, a hypoallergenic breed which is a mix between a cocker spaniel and a toy poodle. She is a girl called dizzy and she is beautiful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment