Sunday 7 April 2013

Wedding bells

So yesterday was the big day (not mine, don't worry). Some lovely friends of ours got married at a beautiful hotel in London. Having had chemo only 3 days previously, I was slightly worried that I wouldn't be able to make it to the wedding. But I am a pretty stubborn person and once I've got my mind set on something that's it, no matter how many anti-nausea pills I have to take!

The whole day was amazing, we arrived at 3 for the ceremony and left after dinner (which I will expand on soon...). It was weird meeting and being surrounded by people who, in general, didn't realise I was ill. Amazing what a lot of make-up can do eh! I kept my smile plastered to my face all day and met lots of wonderful people who all treated me like another, normal guest. However when it came up to 9pm and we decided to leave (my batteries were running low),  I almost wanted to mutter *cough I had chemo on Wednesday cough* when saying goodbye, for fear of looking boring.

Most importantly my lack of appetite managed to disappear in fantastic timing, as a juicy fillet of steak was placed in front of me at dinner time (phew). I devoured the entire thing and felt much better for it. Mum had warned me that chemo might put me off alcohol (I laughed and said it was unlikely) but yesterday I somehow found myself turning down every waiter and waitress that came in my direction with a bottle, unless it was still water. Turns out I don't need alcohol to have fun! ;)

So I think to conclude, although chemo may be giving me a 4 day hangover (and counting) it does not necessarily mean the end of my social calendar. A big thanks to Gabriella and Paul for giving me the opportunity to realise this.. x

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it, sounds fantastic. Pleased you managed to do justice to the food! Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete