Wednesday 10 April 2013

A great day

It's only been a week since my first chemotherapy, and I feel... well... normal. I've always liked my sleep so it wasn't rare for me to disappear at some point in the afternoon for a cheeky mini siesta. But I quite like how Jesse described my naps post-chemo - "Less like a nap and more like hibernation". So I suppose chemo has affected my energy levels however today I have been up since 9.30am solidly (it is now 10pm), and my eyes are well and truly open.

Me and mum went to Bicester village today, and had a lovely time pretending to be rich and admiring lots of beautiful clothes. I couldn't help but wonder what will suit me when I'm bald/wearing my wig. This is another issue that I need to address but I'll do a post about that tomorrow as the whole hair loss thing isn't really something I can just mention in passing. Anyway we got home from Bicester at about half 4 (I may have dozed in the car...) and when we got home it was mum who had a nap, not me! 
I had a lovely relaxing bath (courtesy of my second cousin and his girlfriend who sent me a fantastic 'home spa' collection) which was just what the doctor ordered, before getting ready to go out for dinner with my girls. 

It's a Wednesday, which many people will know is 'Orange Wednesday', basically meaning half price Pizza Express. Me and my friends will rarely pass up a Pizza Express anyway but when it's a wednesday there is no excuse. We had such a lovely time catching up and telling stories (we have all been friends for about 9 years now so there are plenty of stories) and I can honestly say that it summed up a pretty perfect day. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, sorry you dont know my but my brother (who goes to Uni of Bham) showed me your blog and i have to say how inspired i feel after reading your posts. I can only imagine what you must be going through but the positive energy you are portraying is truly breathtaking! I am climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in January with aims to raise £4.5k for Macmillan Cancer support and this just confirms to me as to why i am doing it. These are the types of stories that will help motivate me to reach that sumit when i feel like i can't go anymore. My aunty suffered from breast cancer and at one point we almost lost her, i turley belive she felt the support and poisitve energy from her friends and family which made her fight to come back to us. I am hoping that what i am doing will help other people who may not have that feel the support she did. Stay smiling as it looks like you have many friends and family that cares for you dearly! You are gorgeous!
    ~ Anisha x

    ReplyDelete