Sunday 9 June 2013

This one's for you, Jo

One of the best things about having lots of free time is it gives me time to make fun plans for post chemo days. So this post is designed to excite me, and to make you all jealous. My aunt Jo has been begging for a new post so this one revolves around my trip to see her and the family in December!

If all goes roughly to plan (with no more delays) chemo will be finished in early September. My exams aren't until May which gives me a few months of fun before I have to start revision. We've got a family holiday booked for October to New York which I am trying not to get too excited about incase treatment gets delayed and I can't go. So I'll swiftly move over that onto my next plan.... South Africa!

I've got some lovely family who live out in Cape Town, who have kindly invited me and Christopher over for a long holiday in late November/early December. So I have been putting together a list of fun things to do out there, which are actually pretty much endless.

1) Climb the lions head. No, not a real lions head. It's a mountain that from some angles looks like a lions head (I think?). 

2) Take a trip up table mountain. 

3) Vineyard wine tasting in Steinburg. My brother did this last time he went and apparently the vineyard is beautiful and you can cycle to it on a tour type thing which has some lovely views.

4) Visit Robin island. This is the island which Nelson Mandela was imprisoned on. If we're lucky we will be taken around the island by ex-prisoners which would be very interesting indeed.

5) Go shopping at the Waterfront. This goes without saying. Must also try seafood as it is especially tasty!

6) Go to Cape point, the southmost point in Cape Town.

7) Many trips to Clifton beach. This beach is within walking distance of my cousins house and has been the destination of many sundowners. 

8) Quad biking, cycling, tennis.

9) Roundhouse breakfast. The roundhouse is a restaurant in an idyllic location. Not to be missed!

10) Last but definitely not least... go to HQ for a delicious steak. (yes Jake, you can come)

I'm sure my organised aunt would love to put these plans into a precise, colour coded, cross-referenced 2 week plan for me.... knock yourself out Jo!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment