Thursday 27 June 2013

6 down, 6 to go

I forgot to mention in the past couple of posts... I am officially half way through my chemotherapy. Well as it stands anyway. I'll be having a PET/CT scan on Monday which will determine whether or not I have just the final 6 treatments or need further treatment. If there is little to no activity shown on the scan it'll be the 6.. and if more then it'll be extended to 10 and I'll have a further scan towards the end of that. Fingers and toes crossed that it's just the 6!

Everyone seems very happy for me that I'm half way, and I suppose I am kinda happy. But I must say, my first thought was 'oh god I've got to do all of that all over again'. Oh well, I can't complain too much, I'm very lucky that I've still got eyebrows, eyelashes and some hair on my head. Lets see how much longer they last!

My friend Antonia from uni came to visit me yesterday and today. We went out for cocktails last night with the girls and have had lots of fun playing with Dizzy, the little bundle of fluff. Shame my hayfever has been absolutely horrendous today - my eyes are so itchy and won't stop watering. Ironic that hayfever is the biggest thing bothering me right now! Is it ironic? I always misuse the word ironic I should probably just stop using it.

A friend of mine is doing some fundraising for the Royal Marsden hospital, cycling all the way from Istanbul to London. I don't normally do advertising on here but the Royal Marsden is a great hospital and is one of the leading cancer care hospitals so I think it's a very worthy cause! Also... I definitely couldn't cycle 2000+ miles so hats off to you boys. Here's the link if you want to donate - http://www.justgiving.com/thequestforhugethighs

No comments:

Post a Comment