Wednesday 29 May 2013

Shoes and sunshine

Life post dissertation is great! I had chemo on Wednesday, relaxed on Thursday and then Christopher aka Jesse came round on Friday. We had an m&s 'dine in for 2' meal which was fabulous. Sirloin steak, potato wedges, apple crumble and a bottle of wine for £10... although a significant amount of the bottle of wine ended up being drank by Christopher's laptop (clumsy boy!). On Saturday we went to High Wycombe's Eden shopping centre and I did a bit of retail therapy.

I am actually the worst shopper in the world as I am painfully indecisive and get bored of it within about an hour. However when it comes to shoes I need to be reigned in. These beautiful shoes were my latest buy after convincing myself they are a staple wardrobe item and they'll get lots of wear. I'm a sucker for comfort when it comes to clothes but the same rule does not apply to what goes on my feet.

On Saturday evening my dad cooked one of my favourite meals which consists of pork and prunes and a really nice sauce. Sounds like an odd combination I know, but trust me it works! However my bloody appetite was nowhere to be seen and I barely touched it which was rather annoying.

English summer has been teased out from behind the clouds a couple of times and on Monday my lovely housemates from uni came down to visit me for a few days. So we enjoyed the sun out in the garden on Monday and enjoyed one of dads ridiculously good barbecues. On Tuesday we went into London and went to the tate modern (turns out we aren't that interested in art..) and then went to the kings road and popped in to see Christopher at work.





This morning we went to a lovely little cafe in Amersham called seasons which does very tasty food. I had eggs benedict =D
My friends have left now but they will return soon I hope for another mini holiday in leafy Bucks.

1 comment:

  1. Your way of writing about your experience of cancer is so refreshing! I stumbled on your blog a few months ago and am always looking to see if there have been any updates. I also live in Bucks and it is funny to see places mentioned that I know (I work in the Eden centre!). I was wondering if you have you heard of the charity Look Good Feel Better? They are supported by lots of the big cosmetics companies and run workshops for women with cancer to help them feel better if they are struggling with the side effects of chemo or other cancer treatments. From the souns of it you are doing so well and you wouldn't want to go, but I do know you get lots of free makeup so it might be fun! You really are an amazing person to have such a positive way of looking at what could be a really depressing situation, and I'm already looking forward to reading your next blog :) Liv xx

    ReplyDelete