Sunday 30 June 2013

Make me pretty

I've had a lovely extended weekend. On Friday I went to London with mum and my second cousin Liz for a bit (okay.. a lot) of shopping. Some of mums friends had generously given me money for a mac makeover and Harvey Nichols gift vouchers - such a treat! So we headed out to Knightsbridge and first of all went to Harrods Mac counter where the make up artist transformed me from dull and make-up-less to this...








Sorry about the facial expression - there were a few pictures of me smiling, which were actually even less flattering than this one!





I spent the Harvey Nicks vouchers on some make-up including this lovely Mac lipstick and Chanel eyeshadow, as well as a pair of jeans I found in the sale :) It was a very successful day which we all thoroughly enjoyed.

Today (Sunday) has been outrageously good weather so me and Christopher made the most of it by... cooking cupcakes! Below is a picture. See if you can guess who did which.
Clearly Christopher did the artist 'sea themed' ones, whilst I did the strawberry flavoured pinky ones and the horrible green Wimbledon themed cake. Grandma chose this cake for her dessert which she instantly regretted as the black dye I used to draw the court lines on ended up dying her mouth and lips black. Lucky her, granny the goth! If you're wondering how we managed to create these artistic cakes, wonder no more. Christopher actually invested an unhealthy amount of money in cake making kits including all the gels to dye the icing and multiple moulding devices a while ago. He has assured me that he is straight, he just likes to bake. The meterosexual male personified!

I'm feeling pretty nervous, as I have my PET/CT scan at 8am tomorrow morning. Last time I almost fainted. It's such a weird experience because you are put in a strange room to have this radioactive substance injected into your arm (it was at this point that I started blacking out) and then left by yourself for approx 45mins until it's time to enter the scan. The scan itself is okay - I think I actually fell asleep last time. But not being able to hug my family afterwards due to the fact I was essentially 'radioactive' was not fun. The main thing I'm nervous about are the results of the scan which I should be receiving in the afternoon at my doctors appointment. Wish me luck..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment