Thursday 29 August 2013

Nearly there...

I had chemotherapy yesterday. And I actually can't believe I'm writing this but... I've only got one left! I never thought I'd see this day, it always seemed such a long way into the distance. But it really is in sight. And I'm finally beginning to allow myself to genuinely look forward to the future. A healthy future. Trust me, it will be healthy. I think having a life threatening disease allows you to realise how easy it is to make small adjustments to your life to make it healthier. A good diet, fitness, and general well being is actually so achievable but people (including myself) often see them as a hassle. But after 5 or 6 months of doing very little exercise I miss it so much. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't exactly a fitness freak before! But I'd do the odd bit in the gym and go to trampolining when I wasn't feeling too lazy. And ofcourse I walked the 10 minute journey to and from uni several times a day. Being less mobile now has made me realise how far a bit of exercise goes in making you feel better inside and out.

I saw a lung doctor yesterday, following a series of tests. He thinks I've got asthma (not sure if this is a result of chemo or not?) which is treatable but explains my ongoing breathlessness. Hopefully getting that sorted will encourage me to do more exercise without worrying about getting puffed out or fainting (a story for another time...).

So the general mood of this post is for me a motivational one to push myself to get fitter and be healthier. But I hope it helps people reading this too! If you have low energy levels chances are you aren't eating healthily and you aren't getting enough exercise. Do something about it with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment