Wednesday 7 August 2013

Mini-break in the country

Christopher and I headed up to Cambridge last weekend (this is now a couple of weekends ago as I forgot to click post) to celebrate his mum, Jo's, birthday.

I must say, having weekends away and being busy is such a nice distraction from the boredom and unhappiness that can come with chemo. On Jo's birthday we did lots of baking (because we are cool) for the garden party we were going to the following day. I wish I'd taken some pictures of what we made but I completely forgot so you'll just have to use your imagination I'm afraid.
That evening we went to see Monsters University which is a GREAT film and I'd encourage everyone to go and see it. 

On the Sunday Christopher's nan joined us and we headed to the garden party. It was lovely meeting everyone and I was made to feel very welcome, but by 5pm my batteries ran out and we had to head back. Obviously I am not actually battery run but its quite a helpful way to describe my energy levels. As C once said - going out with me is like going out with your phone on 20% battery. Works perfectly, as normal, but runs out quicker and once it's gone... it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment