Sunday 14 July 2013

Summer time!

It's now Sunday... so it has been 9 days since my last chemo (sorry for the delay in posting on here, the sun has been a big distraction). I think the veins in my hands have had enough of the needles and the poison they've been subjected to. I have always thought it's quite nice to have hands without veins sticking out but chemo makes me want to have perfect cannula hands - with those big, juicy, pertruding veins that the nurses so love. So the cannula went in easily BUT I had to have a heat pad on my arm for most of the day to try and make it less painful as the chemo went in. Which on a normal day, would have been fine, but when it's 28 odd degrees outside and the room already feels like a sauna, it is not nice having the addition of a heat pad. 

The warm weather did somehow make me feel better than I normally do in the few days after chemo though. Or maybe it was a psychological thing? Who knows! My hand and arm were sore for a while afterwards until only yesterday really, which is much longer than normal. It prevented me playing tennis the other day which REALLY annoyed me. 

My aunt Jo (my dads sister) and my cousin Jake came to visit from South Africa this week and spent a few days at ours. We had a lovely time enjoying the weather in the garden and yesterday went out for a really nice meal. It was at a pub called The Royal Standard in Beaconsfield which is the oldest freehouse in England (over 900 years old!!!). After dinner we went back to the house to carry on drinking, and played a great game my aunt taught us called 'Splash'. This ended with me having to pour several glasses of water over myself.. but despite this I loved the game!

 Me and christopher went strawberry picking the other day and made a tasty pavlova!
Dizzy is still unbearably cute however she has grown (this was not part of the deal when we bought her). I am actually obsessed with her though. Every time I leave the house I miss her and whenever I wake up in the morning she is the main thing which drags me out of bed and downstairs! I know what you're thinking... how sad... but everyone who has met her will or should understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment