Saturday 27 July 2013

Shlurping vino

Sorry for the absence in blogging activity over the last week or two! I have been a very busy bee so I'm going to split it up into a few blog posts for ease of reading. In my last post I completely forgot to mention what I had actually done that day - a trip to Vinopolis with my friend of 15 years Emma! If you don't know it, Vinopolis is a wine tasting building in london popular with tourists and those who enjoy a glass of wine, or two or three... like myself and Emma.

We headed up to London around midday and purchased lunch at borough market which is just round the corner. I made a fatal error in buying a pulled pork bap with a rather spicy sauce on it. I just couldn't handle the heat. We then went and sat out at a pub terrace overlooking the river, which was very close to Vinopolis itself. We ordered some chips having realised that drinking on a semi-empty stomach might not be the smartest of ideas..!


Vinopolis itself was an interesting experience and actually allowed me to work out what type of wines I like. I've never been a keen red wine drinker but I actually really liked all of the red wines that I tried.

People are often suprised that I am still able to drink whilst having chemotherapy, and that I have an appetite for it. I couldn't help but wonder if people at Vinopolis guessed that my bald head was due to chemo as opposed to an edgy fashion statement. And if so.. were they judging me for drinking? Who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment